[extropy-chat] Hypocrisy and Preaching (was The great globalwarming swindle)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 7 20:55:45 UTC 2007

Instead of flapping around and making inconvenient movies, Algore could
simply make the capital improvements on his house necessary to lower his
electric bill and make his existence carbon neutral.  Then supply us with
the detailed cost sheet to make that happen.

In the final analysis, everything is dollars and cents.  Algore and others
make a fundamental error assuming governments should control our carbon
footprint.  Governments do not control that, markets do.  If governments try
too hard to influence markets (and in so doing depress the economy) they get
thrown out of office, as they should.  Give us hard numbers so that we can
make market-based decisions.