[extropy-chat] Mormons and >H

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Sun Apr 8 23:59:41 UTC 2007

At 05:17 PM 4/8/2007 -0600, Brent wrote:

>Mormons will deny much of
>this, but when they talk about their beliefs, this is what I understand
>them to be.  i.e. it is all worshiping and wallowing in misery, and the
>"glory of God" is to do yet more of it for his children, for an eternity.

There seems no limit to the amount of cruel stupidity humans will
embrace, nor how much money and effort they will throw at
it.  Granted, the Mormons don't seem *quite* as mired in it as the
Aztecs, the Ik and the Muslims.

I was under the impression that each Morman adult man who made the
grade got to have a planet of his own, where he'd take his wife/wives
and kids to be god-king (or something). That's somewhat hinted at in
your response. I don't quite see how the kids get included since
presumably they grow up and go to planets of their own.

Damien Broderick