[extropy-chat] Avoid Too Much Change.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Tue Apr 10 17:06:13 UTC 2007

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com>

>The phrase "remembers being you"
> is now, to me, full of hazard and ambiguity.

Well sure it is, but it's good enough to get the job done. Ambiguous it may
be but I sort of remember being a thirteen year old John Clark, and that's
good enough to make me think that boy is not dead.

> All that is really being postulated is the existence of an IQ 12000 entity
> who has vivid recall of what happened to me on every day of my life, and
> what happened to Max More on every day of his life, and, yes, what
> happened to John Clark on every day of his life.

Then I've survived, if the 12,000 IQ entity remembers being other people too
(and I'd be surprised if he didn't) then they've also survived. A 12,000 IQ
is a lot of horsepower, that's enough to be me and a lot of other people as
well.

> You don't see any problem at all here?

No I don't.

> You don't worry that this vast
> entity actually isn't "you", not really?

I can honestly say that I don't worry about that at all. Perhaps my
inability to see a problem is due to my stupidity, perhaps it is due to my
brilliance, it doesn't matter; either way my style of thinking is that of
the future, your style will become extinct in less than a century.

  John K Clark