[extropy-chat] Wikipedia page and cryonics

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Wed Apr 11 14:52:37 UTC 2007

At 09:39 AM 4/11/2007 -0400, Keith wrote:

>I added an indication to the "notable transhumanists" list.
>
>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_transhumanists
>
>My knowledge of who is signed up and who is not is rather limited, so if
>any of you want to fix the entry about yourself or others where you know
>their status, please do.

On the talk page:

Cryonics membership

Considering the origins of transhumanism, cryonics membership is a
significant factor. Is there are reason to revert the addition of this
information about the people in the list? To be sure, the information is
not complete, but that's a work in progress. Keith Henson 13:24, 11 April
2007 (UTC)

     This isn't appropriate information for an encyclopedic list.
--Loremaster 13:27, 11 April 2007 (UTC)

     Furthermore, in light of the fact that cryonics is a pseudo-science
and pseudo-technology that undermines the credibility of anyone associated
with it, whether it be the provider or the client, transhumanists would be
wise to keep their cryonics membership private... --Loremaster 13:31, 11
April 2007 (UTC)

******

*IF* people think cryonics status on the transhumanist list is a good idea,
reverting only requires going to the last version with the changes under
history, bringing up the editor and saving.  If you consider yourself a
transhumanist, you might so remark in the comments on the reversion.  I
really wonder how many are signed up?

Keith