[extropy-chat] The Anticipation Dilemma (Personal IdentityParadox)

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 08:40:30 UTC 2007

On 4/12/07, Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com> wrote:

But in that case we can agree that anticipation is irrational...

Why should I care what happens to some guy in the future who thinks he's me?
We may not share any of the matter comprising our bodies, and our brain
configurations and memories may only be approximately similar. It is neither
rational nor irrational that I anticipate the experiences of a future
version of me; rather, it is a description of the way human brains have
evolved to think.

Stathis Papaioannou