[extropy-chat] Survival

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu Apr 12 15:44:22 UTC 2007

"Lee Corbin" <lcorbin at rawbw.com>

> But there is a way to have your cake and eat it too. It's simply this:  as
> you self-improve, adopt the maxim that you will *always* run earlier
> versions of yourself in the background.

That seems like a bit much, I may think about the John Clark of ten years
ago a little from time to time but I certainly don't run a full simulation
of him, and yet I still don't feel he's dead.

But for the sake of argument let's assume I take your advice. Question: Do
you think a computer running Windows Vista that was simulating a computer
running Windows XT that was simulating a computer running Windows 2000 that
was simulating a computer running Windows 98 that was simulating a computer
running Windows 95 that was simulating a computer running Windows 3.1 that
was simulating a computer running DOS would outperform a new clean Linux
box?

  John K Clark