[extropy-chat] Meta re recurring threads was Personal Identity Bis

Stathis Papaioannou stathisp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 01:28:58 UTC 2007

On 4/17/07, Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:

I don't think it would necessarily be suicide, but it goes on my list of
> dire, last resort methods.  I.e., I would opt for destructive copying if
> that was the only way to get away from where a miles wide asteroid was
> going to hit.

Then there is room for more debate regarding personal identity, because I
consider destructive copying much the same as ordinary life (assuming of
course that nothing goes wrong with it). I don't wish to restart the whole
argument, just to point out that despite the endless discussions, even
people on (roughly) the same side can disagree about fundamentals.

Stathis Papaioannou