[extropy-chat] Anarchy + Transparent Society + ???

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 13:49:40 UTC 2007

On 4/21/07, Technotranscendence wrote:
> I don't put drug dealers in the same category as the rest.  After all,
> they're really not violating anyone's rights -- to the degree that they
> merely sell drugs to willing buyers.  I.e., just selling drugs to
> willing buyers is NOT, in my book, criminal.

There you go again. (Not you in particular).  ;)

The whole thrust of this thread is that we are not talking about some
theoretical fairyland where drug dealers might be thought of as
misunderstood, victimised entrepreneurs.
(I'd like to live there as well, sounds really cool).

In the real world, drug dealers are amoral armed gangs who kill people
to defend their territory and their business of destroying the lives
of their 'customers', who in turn are engaged in constant minor
criminal activities to finance their addiction.

Let me know how you feel about this after the ruthless drug gangs move
in to your street, near your family, and you get burgled or mugged
once a month by druggies.

BillK