[extropy-chat] Gasoline machine

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 13:03:20 UTC 2007

On 4/23/07, Stirling Westrup wrote:
> I could swear I read about a prototype of such a machine just recently.
> Processes a wide variety of household wastes (food scraps, wood chips,
> whatever) and converts it into one of three different fuels depending on what
> it deems the better choice, and then burns the fuel to produce electricity.
> IIRC it was being developed for emergency relief and for military
> applications. I'll try to dig up a reference, if you're interested.

As you are in Canada, it might be this story you are thinking of:
<http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20070421.FUEL21/TPStory/Environment/>

POSTED ON 21/04/07

In search of fuel's holy grail
Companies in Canada are closing in on a profitable way to turn wood
waste into ethanol to use as an alternative to gasoline.

The last page has an explanation of the various processes involved.

BillK