[extropy-chat] Putting God to Rest

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Mon Apr 23 15:29:20 UTC 2007

At 09:10 AM 4/23/2007 -0400, Mike Dougherty wrote:

snip

>So what is it called if you believe in a higher order of being than we
>are currently capable of understanding and through the inductive
>process believe there will always be a higher order no matter how
>exponential growth evolves our understanding?

"What is it called . . ."  Wrong most likely.  Because at some point your
understanding of humans should make it obvious why we have such beliefs.

We might be as little as 5 years or perhaps even less from understanding
where, why and how such feelings arise.  There is a *lot* of money being
spend on autism and I suspect from what Tooby and Boyer said last week that
the path to understanding autism will also give us an answer to why humans
have religions at all.

Strange as this might be . . .

Keith