[extropy-chat] Putting God to Rest

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 16:28:50 UTC 2007

On 4/23/07, scerir <scerir at libero.it> wrote:

> "Try and penetrate with our limited means the secrets of nature and you
> will find that, behind all the discernible laws and
> connections, there remains something subtle, intangible and inexplicable.
> Veneration for this force beyond anything that we can
> comprehend is my religion. To that extent I am, in fact, religious."

As am I, but if indeed it turns out that this happens to be one of the
multiverses in which life can develop, survive and evolve, boy am I ever
going to be pissed if there are "more perfect" subsets where less suffering
is the common rule of the day.

Thought exercise for you... Imagine waking up tomorrow morning and there
standing before you are 3 "yous" -- one from a better universe and two from
"worse" universes [1].

Robert

1. Kind of puts the whole "am I my copy" debate into a context for
consideration...