[extropy-chat] META My position on the secular sin of censorship -- Was Take a stand

A B austriaaugust at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 22:38:01 UTC 2007

Brett:

You asked someone to take a stand, so here it is.
Eugen and the other list moderators have a voluntary
responsibility to keep topics somewhat close to what
they personally interpret as relevant to
transhumanism. I think it is more than plausible that
Eugen geniuinely felt that this was too far off-topic
for this list. You can be quite sure that there are
many other *political* lists out there that would love
to hear your views on this. You can't move it over
there? If you'd like to present your beliefs to the
people on this list... fine, it's simple. Make an
invitation for the interested parties to follow your
discussions on whatever other list you select.

Threatening a person here with what amounts to
permanent death is not going to be well recieved on
this list. You ask Eugen to be tolerant and fair of
your written viewpoints and yet you threaten him narry
a sentence later. That is extremism, Brett. Isn't that
something you're trying to get away from?