[extropy-chat] Putting God to Rest

Brent Allsop brent.allsop at comcast.net
Tue Apr 24 03:12:53 UTC 2007

No!  It is the opposite of wishful thinking isn't it?  This is just what
the theist want you to say, in their completely twisted and lying way.
Never give them this!  If there is truly already a God that is so
impotent against overcoming evil, and just hides from it all, then we
must be condemned to the same eternal impotent damnable full of evil and
isolation hell even if we become as powerful!  I hope to soon be much
more than such an impotent God in hell is is the God described in the Bible.

Atheists are the ones with truly "wishful thinking" and true faith and
hope aren't they!?  We believe evil isn't all that hard to overcome, and
we are the only ones that can hope that we will soon have the power to
completely overcome much of it right?  It also just so happens that our
beliefs are much more than "wishful thinking" and futile faith or hope
right?