[extropy-chat] Cryonics is the only option?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 28 00:33:12 UTC 2007

It was of course suggested in the grim humorous spirit of Swift's Modest
Proposal.  I wouldn't want to do anything to encourage them in this
practice.  Stem cell technology may advance to the point of allowing
practical head transplants by repairing severed spinal cords and tuning of
the immune system to avoid head rejection.  In that day, I could envision a
grim scenario in which the Presbyterians and Episcopalians would kidnap
members of each other's tribes and graft the heads of their own onto the
captured infidel's bodies.

spike