[extropy-chat] Continued Energy for the Infinite Future

Keith Henson hkhenson at rogers.com
Sun Apr 29 00:26:48 UTC 2007

At 03:24 PM 4/28/2007 -0700, Jeffrey wrote:
>Hi Keith,
>
>I forgot to ask before. How would the limitation
>imposed by the conservation of energy manifest itself
>in this particular example?

If you are extracting energy from something rotating, it slows down.  The
Wiki page I pointed you to talks about how to lower an object in orbit by
extracting energy or raise it by putting energy into it.

It is just an electric motor or generator.  That's always the case when you
talk about moving wires relative to magnet fields or vice versa.

Keith