[extropy-chat] Putting God to Rest

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Sun Apr 29 07:20:09 UTC 2007

From: "Anna Taylor" <femmechakra at yahoo.ca>
To: <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 8:43 PM

> If Transhumanist is a world view then I have to assume that within that
> world view are religious people (unless everybody is an atheist).  I
> respect that and don't see anything wrong with that.

600 years ago you would have been right to assume there were many people who
believed the world was flat, too.  What's wrong with that is that it
wasn't - and isn't - true.  The flat earth world view (no pun intended) has
largely disappeared, so maybe there's hope (and help) for the religious
mindset, too.

Olga