[extropy-chat] Vagaries of Belief (was Changing Other Poster's Minds)

Lee Corbin lcorbin at rawbw.com
Sun Apr 29 17:30:50 UTC 2007

Stathis writes

> On 4/29/07, Lee Corbin <lcorbin at rawbw.com> wrote:

> > I had the good fortune while I was a Christian conservative...

> Really?

>From age 12 through 15 I was a pretty vociferous and stalwart
Christian.  At age 16, I had intuitions about what was good for
societies, and for two weeks I actually adhered to Islam. But
clearly the *belief* in anything was weaking and I gradually
became agnostic.  Then one day in the summer when I was
18 (1966), a friend opined that he thought that agnostics were
simply people who were too chicken to admit that they were
atheists, and I have been a vociferous and stalwart atheist
ever since.

I think that this is the answer you were after.

I'm sure that many people have more interesting confessionals
than mine.

Lee