[ExI] Physics and Searching for the Perfect Wave

Michael M. Butler mmbutler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 19:58:42 UTC 2007

On 8/7/07, Amara Graps <amara at amara.com> wrote:

> >Michael, I think it could be a common phenomena for Latin singers to
> >sound incredibly happy while they are describing their distraught
> >hearts. Conte's piece (Onda su Onda) sounds almost like a ragtime.

Yes. Randy Newman, Harry Nilsson and a lot of my favorite songwriters
play with paradoxical moods and (possibly-)unreliable narrators.

 It's just a pop song, after all, and interpreting song lyrics is a
time honored tradition.

Sure. I like it just fine, I figured that he's on his way out, he
might as well dream about a nice island where all the girls understand
him, unlike "Sara", etc. It seems to me that if he really fell into
freezing water, the odds are pretty good he's not in drifting range of
a tropical island. And adrift in tropical waters the odds of meeting a
shark go up.

NONE of which should happen to Bee, I hasten to add. :)

--
         Michael M. Butler  :  m m b u t l e r  ( a t )  g m a i l . c o m
         "I'm going to get over this some time. Might as well be now."