[ExI] (no subject)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 20:36:34 UTC 2007

On Friday 10 August 2007 14:22, alicia hamilton wrote:
> Hi everyone. I am new to this group and, from reading the
> recent posts, perhaps a bit in over my head.  I came upon
> this group during an internet search that I have been
> conducting for the past few months. I am looking for ways
> to better myself and, well I guess... the world. I used to
> exceed in school and positively loved college. I read
> everything on could get my hands on pertaining to
> religions, science, physics, theories and the human
> condition, both past and present. Now, as a working single
> mother, I feel like my brain has atrophied.  I am looking
> for a sort of jumping off place to begin. Again. Any ideas?

Two humble suggestions:

1) Read widely (and madly?). I usually do this over the
internet to help hunt down like minded individuals.

2) Journaling and 'minutes' of your thoughts, activities,
events. I have even begun the construction of my own device
to keep track of my (flood of) thoughts through my days- a
portable keyboard hooked up to an eight gigabyte flash card.
This helps me keep track of what's going on and remembering
the collective output of my brain from day to day, week to
week, etc. to etc.

I look forward to seeing what the extropians have to say on
this subject. Welcome to the list.

http://www.extropy.org/faq.htm

And a reading list I found with a quick search:
http://www.etext.org/Politics/Extropy.Institute/johnson.091792

- Bryan

http://heybryan.org/