[ExI] Stross on alleged NP-complete solution

Khaled Aly ka.aly at luxsci.net
Tue Aug 14 23:44:20 UTC 2007

I am neither a physicist nor a computer scientist. My degree is in Computer
Engineering and I worked for several years on photonic interconnection
networks for parallel processing: architecture & performance perspective
(and scalability). I haven't read the referenced paper but I find it
plausible, especially with your clarification. Can you provide an estimated
value of a feasible N? And what is the proportional implementation cost in
terms of the number of optical components and type of interconnects (if it's
free space or integrated optics)?

Regards
Khaled Aly, Ph.D.