[ExI] free-will, determinism, crime and punishment

Michael M. Butler mmbutler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 19:11:02 UTC 2007

> The present US legal system often appears to do both. A life sentence
> while appeal after appeal is considered. then after twenty years, an
> execution.

With the additional sad irony that given ten to 30 years there, some
few of the people on Death Row actually seem to rehabilitate to some
extent. How many of those are play-acting, hoping for a pardon, is
impossible to tell.

People's "natures" seem to be at least somewhat multifaceted, even if
that's purely stochastic.
--
         Michael M. Butler  :  m m b u t l e r  ( a t )  g m a i l . c o m
         "I'm going to get over this some time. Might as well be now."