[ExI] free-will, determinism, crime and punishment.

Michael M. Butler mmbutler at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 19:18:03 UTC 2007

On 8/17/07, gts <gts_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Aug 2007 13:38:22 -0400, John K Clark <jonkc at att.net> wrote:
>
> >> Retribution ought not figure into the equation.
> >
> > It ought not to but it does, no use pretending that reptilian part of our
> > brain doesn't exist.
>
> Presumably post-humans will not have reptilian natures!

Ahhh!  I'm glad that's cleared up. You're the kind of ExIan who wants
to be a Spock-In-A-Box! {TM} All that messy lizard brain stuff needs
to totally disappear. Feelings... feh!

Now I _know_ we can't speak meaningfully with one another about
desirable posthuman outcomes. Thanks for the calibration point.
--
         Michael M. Butler  :  m m b u t l e r  ( a t )  g m a i l . c o m
         "I'm going to get over this some time. Might as well be now."