[ExI] GATTACA discussed by the rest of the world

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Aug 23 01:05:58 UTC 2007

><http://www.gnovies.com/discussion/gattacca.html>http://www.gnovies.com/discussion/gattacca.html
>

>There's more proof why no amount of funding or genius script can
>produce an H+ movie for the masses.

Actually I thought it was a shithouse movie (despite its prettiness),
but not for any reason a tender hearted humanist would accept. The
wonderful damaged natural human with a dud heart swims out after his
(by hypothesis) supermanized gene-optimized big brother who's always
(of course) beaten the pants off him before but is now about to
drown, and saves him, driven by *sheer human dogged grit and pluck*!
At the end, I dimly recall, he passes himself off as a standard
superman for a trip to Mars or somethun, even though his heart will
with p = 0.997 explode en route from the stress; instead of
chastizing him for putting everyone else's lives at risk by bumping
the real expert, we're meant to see this as a triumph for sheer human
dogged grit and pluck, rather than selfish bastardry. Ah well.