[ExI] Can you out-run this?

Andres Colon andres at thoughtware.tv
Wed Aug 29 16:11:09 UTC 2007

This detailed computer simulation pits five two-legged dinosaurs against
three modern bipeds - a human, an ostrich and an emu. Courtesy of the
University of Manchester.

The simulation <http://www.thoughtware.tv/videos/show/674> is available at
Thoughtware.TV: http://www.thoughtware.tv/videos/show/674

I'd like to know your thoughts on that simulation.

I think a more accurate simulation would include a human with technological
enhancements, in which case, we'd be in bikes, motorcycles, cars, in jet
airplanes and space-rockets. That is the real speed of humans today. We are
not the slowest but the fastest animal alive today.

If that simulation from the University of Manchester were more realistic,
we'd break the hell out of the sound barrier and leave all those late
cousins of ours depicted in that simulation, eating (simulated) dust. IMHO,
it is not a real comparison of current human beings....but hey...it was sure
fun to watch! :-)

Andrés Colón,
Thoughtware.TV <http://www.thoughtware.tv>  - Transhuman Television

--
"So physics is the laws of harmonies of the strings, chemistry is the laws
of melody of the strings, the universe is a symphony of strings, and the