[ExI] abandon all services

scerir scerir at libero.it
Sat Dec 1 11:04:15 UTC 2007

Amara writes:
That immigrants thing again. I challenge you
to spend time at the Roma Questura (on the outskirts
of Rome) that processes the permessos for the
extracommunitari. The queue begins at 4am.
[...] Please spend some time to watch
the large number of the researchers waste
the meager resources because they don't know
how to work with each other and help each other.
[...] So I sincerely hope that a population
of immigrants 'supports' the Italian birth rate.
There might be less graffiti on the historical
archeological structures, less trash on the roads,
people who are kinder to each other, trust each other
more, and treat each other with more respect.

#

I can read about these things on papers. I can see
these facts on the roads. Every day. Since long time.
Sometimes I ask myself: do Italian artists
represent this reality? I mean, 'present time'
artists, not Dante and his 'Comedy'. I mean
'artists', not street-calligraphers. Well, I found
nothing, personally. Nothing with the exception
of two works of art. They are not new. But the artists
created them exactly when the great kaos developed.

-----

Renato Guttuso, 1974, 'Vuccirìa' (a market in Palermo,
Sicily, 'Vucciria' means 'butchery', pron. voocceereeah)

http://www.artinvest2000.com/vucciria.htm

something more about the real place in Palermo

http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/05/20/travel/20journeys.html

-----

Federico Fellini, 1978, 'Prova d'Orchestra' (movie),

http://www.brightlightsfilm.com/40/fellini.htm

http://www.activitaly.it/immaginicinema/fellini/Prova_%20d_orchestra/fellini
_prova_orchestra.htm

In a Medieval Roman chapel, now an oratorio, an elderly factotum sets up for
rehearsal. The musicians arrive, joking and teasing. A union shop steward
explains that a TV crew is there, talking to them is optional, and there
will be no extra compensation. Musicians talk about their instruments. The
German conductor arrives and puts them through their paces. He yells, he
insults. The shop steward calls a 20 minute break. The conductor retreats to
his dressing room and talks about how the world of music has changed, moving
away from respect for the conductor. He returns to the rehearsal to find the
orchestra in full revolt. What can bring them back to the music?

-----

s.

"Painting is being inspired by what one sees,
and thinks, be it a sunset, a tree, a pair
of old shoes or a painting."
-Renato Guttuso, 1966.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renato_Guttuso