[ExI] singularity summit on kqed

spike spike66 at att.net
Mon Dec 3 05:44:09 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
> Subject: Re: [ExI] singularity summit on kqed
>
> On Dec 2, 2007 4:43 PM, spike wrote:
> >
> > There was a commentary on the Singularity Summit on National Public
> Radio
> > this morning from about 0745 to 0800 on KQED.  Does anyone have a
> transcript
> > of the show, or a recording on YouTube?...
>

> J Hughes just posted a note to the WTA list.
> Sounds like it might be the show that you heard.
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Hughes, James J. to WTA
>
> <http://ieet.org/index.php/IEET/more/casciohughessingsum/>

> <http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=16816185&sc=emaf>

> (MP3)
> <http://ieet.org/archive/hughes-npr-2007-12-02.mp3>

> BillK

Thanks BillK, ja that is it.  After I reviewed it, I was disappointed in a
few things.  They didn't really give an adequate overview of the singularity
notion, rather some vague descriptions of general AI, and didn't even
mention Eliezer which seems cold being as the conference was organized by
SIAI.