[ExI] Fermi Paradox - Weighted Summary

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 23:01:20 UTC 2007

On Dec 2, 2007 3:55 PM, Technotranscendence <neptune at superlink.net> quoted:

> 1. Alien Military Strategy: Weight: 50%
>
> Our human experience with civilizations indicates that contact with new
> civilizations is dangerous and sometimes fatal.

### Nah - for every fatality in an inter-civilization conflict there
is a survivor as well (hard to imagine that all, or even a fraction of
conflicts would result in bilateral destruction of participants). For
every loser there is a winner, and a tough one, too. If we are going
to meet aliens they are likely to be the winners, and especially
winners with a long track history of winning. Those that are most
likely to be seen will be probably expansionist, like Robin Hanson's
maximum speed expanders, evolved to expand as quickly as
possible....and not cower in one star system waiting to be surrounded.

Rafal