[ExI] Books for the holidays?

Stefano Vaj stefano.vaj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:46:41 UTC 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 11:05 AM, Claus Bornich <Claus.Bornich at autocue.co.uk> wrote:

> Just came back from a long weekend to Paris, where I read Permutation City
> between conferences, exploring and crêpes. A very good read, truly an epic
> story in what seems to be the Greg Egan style, vast in time, space and
> concept. Written some three years earlier than Diaspora it was not quite as
> mind-bendingly breathtaking, but still light years ahead of much of the sf
> penned into existence.

I must say that Egan is IMHO the H+ SF writer by definition. Not always much
ideology in his works, and some science is of course quite distorted or
simplified or invented for fictional purposed, but the scenarios include
almost everything which has been pondered by the average transhumanist in
recent years, and more. See also Luminous, Quarantine and above all the most
radically posthuman story, Schild's Ladder.

Stefano Vaj