[ExI] Evolutionary psychology and religion

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 04:30:43 UTC 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 10:54 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> >... We're not like other animals, and our biggest priority is no longer
> reproduction  ~Seien
>
> Seien, you may find yourself competing against humans who firmly believe
> the contrary.  You and your few offspring will be wildly outnumbered.  It
> is
> likely your memes will not survive or propagate in the brains of those who
> believe the opposite of your theory stated above.  Such a tragedy is this.

if he can start a church with morality as a goal, maybe the powerful god
representation can trump the larger numbers if they believe themselves
subject to his desire.  (of course it's easier if you start programming them
as early as possible to accept the doctrine before they have any experience
with logic and rational thinking)

But if you take it all away, what are you left with?