[ExI] christmas songs 2

Seien seienchan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 09:16:15 UTC 2007

On 11/12/2007, Anna Taylor <femmechakra at yahoo.ca> wrote:

> --- Seien <seienchan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> You just didn't like the story of Scrooge:)

That's not true. I gave explicit reasons for thinking the story had bad
principles and ideas to agree with. A good story expresses values; fairy
tales express values, even children's stories express values. We have to be
careful about which stories we empathise with in case we pick up bad memes.
As it happens, I think the story is quite a good one. But that's not a very
interesting or remotely useful thing to talk about. It's much more important
to talk about the memes one risks picking up when one reads something,
especially something popular, to determine whether or not we are being
influenced by these memes - and whether or not we should be.

--
~Seien