[ExI] disappearing car door

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Dec 14 09:58:45 UTC 2007

On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 04:36:53AM -0500, Gary Miller wrote:
> My biggest concern would be what happens if your battery goes dead or is
> shorted out suddenly.

My biggest concern would be side impacts.

What's wrong with simple sliding doors, a la Mazda M5?

But I'm probably not the only here who is bored silly by
current crop of cars. Hybrids, how novel. We've now
come full circle, to the Lohner-Porsche from 1899.
Which even had the dernier cri, the sans-transmission
in-hub motors! And fuel cells, we can't get the damn
things right since 1839! Wow, does that suck, or what?