[ExI] Morality is tied with Meta beliefs

Stefan Pernar stefan.pernar at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:06:58 UTC 2007

On Dec 16, 2007 4:57 PM, Stefano Vaj <stefano.vaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 15, 2007 11:45 PM, Kevin H <kevin.l.holmes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 12/13/07, Stefan Pernar <stefan.pernar at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > >  Moral behavior is the realization that existence is preferable over
> > > non existence
> > >

> > Preferable according to whom?

According to the individual. For an in depth intuitive explanation please
see here:

http://rationalmorality.info/wiki/index.php?title=The_Moebius_Effect_%28book%29_understanding_choices

I think in 2007 we should stop the quest for the philosopher stone of a
> single postulate, or a small set thereof, that be more or less self-evident
> and shared by anybody, on which all the ethical and political constructions
> could be construed "geometically"; and accept instead that value choices are
> fundamentally primordial, so that what remains for the rational thought is
> to unveil their genealogy and internal consistency and practical
> consequences, to allow for a better informed choice.

Hmm - I believe that such a quest can and will lead to a usable framework of
morality. My next book is concerning itself with such a framework based on
my paper on rational morality.

Kind regards,

Stefan
--