[ExI] elo system for two-player game rankings

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 01:50:09 UTC 2007

On 17/12/2007, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> A couple years ago Anders asked about rating systems that might be
> applicable to a web based simulation game he was designing.  Chess players
> use the Elo system, which is described in detail, along with the equations
> for calculation here:
>
> http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=4326

One of my favourite online games uses Elo, apparently, for the ongoing
scoring of players:

http://www.casualcollective.com/

There are a few games here, but the one that stands way out front is
Multiplayer Desktop Tower Defense. If you haven't played it, you
really should, it's an excellent brain workout. Warning: highly
addictive.

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com