[ExI] Singularity as a complex adaptive system - What does the environment look like?

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Dec 17 11:57:14 UTC 2007

At 10:01 PM 12/16/2007, -samantha wrote:

>On Dec 16, 2007, at 8:59 AM, Natasha Vita-More wrote:
>

> > If you were to design an environment which includes NBIC advances as
> > they affect posthumanism, transhumanism, cyborgs, transhumans,
> > posthumans, as contingent and overlapping spheres, what would it
> > look like?
> >

>I think I need a bit of translation of the question to begin to answer
>it.   Since I presume NBIC advances are essential to arriving at
>actual transhumans and posthumans  I don't see how "affect" is quite
>the right word since these states require NBIC advances.    Or am I
>missing something?    Clearly such states are contingent on some such
>advances but what is this about designing an environment which
>includes such advances?   Are you asking for what such a society/
>economy/gestalt may be like?    And which things are you asking be
>considered as "spheres", overlapping or otherwise?    And lastly what
>do you mean and not mean by "look" like?

I think I answered these questions in my reply to x.  If not, please
let me know.

In my research, posthumanism has claimed the environment in which
future humans are concerned.  Since I do not agree with the academic
interpretation of posthumanism*, it is my research responsibility to
develop a different perspective on this environment.

*The posthumanism interpretation is based on cybernetics and
disembodiment.  There is no depth regarding biotechnology and
nanotechnology, for example.  Further, the concept of "continued
existence" or "regenerative existence" is not the motor driving this
realm, nor is it a desired state or goal.

Natasha