[ExI] Rationality and Irrationality (energy)

hkhenson hkhenson at rogers.com
Wed Dec 19 14:10:12 UTC 2007

At 11:38 PM 12/18/2007, spike wrote:

(samantha wrote)

> >  And I say that as
> > someone who believes GW is real and dangerous...
>
>GW as in Global Warming or George W?
>
>How could it be that dangerous when we have all that empty real estate up
>there in Canada, Alaska and Siberia waiting patiently for this globe to thaw
>a bit and all the animals to come back?  There were once dinosaurs up there.
>Now these places are mostly a frozen wasteland.

And the sea level was a good bit higher.

But it doesn't matter what you think of global warming or its
causes.  Human populations are supported by the expenditure of vast
amounts of energy, a lot of that coming from oil.

Without an abundant supply of energy, the number of people who can be
supported is gonna fall.  Being caught in that fall would really
screw up your long term chances.

Keith