[ExI] Asteroid on track for possible Mars hit

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 22 01:27:52 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Kevin Freels
> Subject: Re: [ExI] Asteroid on track for possible Mars hit
>
> Exciting, Yes. But scary as well. We didn't notice it until 2 months in
> advance. Far too little time to do anything about it.

Why would you want to do anything about it?  Did you mean had the asteroid
been headed our way it would only give us two months?  This sounds rather
strange, but I would think it exciting as all hell to work on a nuclear
payload on a missile that would deflect an incoming rock.  All the usual
processes would be set aside, guys would be told to forget the
documentation, use your best rocket science and get this bird ready to go,
NOW!