[ExI] LA Times: Rehabbing militants in Saudi Arabia (Meta)

spike spike66 at att.net
Sat Dec 29 22:30:22 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Stefano Vaj
>
> And in any event, I would expect from transhumanists anywhere in the
> world some higher-than-average ability to put things into perspective.
> Especially since identities and old-style political splits are going
> to be profoundly redefined by any kind of posthuman change.
>
> Stefano Vaj

Stefano, as an American and an America-phile, I seldom get uncomfortable
with America bashing; I am cool with it.  You have likely heard me dissing
the commies; I have little regard for Russia.  But these are two guys with
broad shoulders, they can take the criticism.

If we started seeing a lot of piling on of one of the smaller kids on the
playground, such as Papua New Guinea or Luxembourg or one of those others
that no one has ever heard of, I would be squirmy.  As a co-moderator I
would feel the need to urge people to lay off of PNG and Luxembourg.  Is
Luxembourg really a country, or did someone slip it in there to see if we
were paying attention?*

spike

* Luxembourgers: kidding bygones, I Googled, there really is a Luxembourg.