[ExI] Asteroid on track for possible (probability of 1:25) Marshit

spike spike66 at att.net
Sun Dec 30 15:54:50 UTC 2007

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Ian Goddard

> ...It goes to
> show how suddenly we might realize there's a rollin
> stone out there with our name on it. :^o
>
>  Hmmm, is building an asteroid shield a case where
> government might be useful or even necessary? ~Ian
>

> http://IanGoddard.net

Ian we still haven't come up with a design that would work, even
theoretically.  I need to see some compelling BOTECs; otherwise we are still
back to the useless notion of prayer to one's favorite deity and the
marginally useful standby of digging really deep holes in the ground and
food storage technology.