[extropy-chat] Pleasing Oneself

Technotranscendence neptune at superlink.net
Thu Feb 1 02:26:44 UTC 2007

Not offering this as my opinion on the subject, but here it is to
provoke comment:

"A 60's-era interview with Paul Krassner in _The Realist_ comes to mind.
Now, I love Paul Krassner and _The Realist_, and I understand that
Mailer was trying to live up to his reputation as a professional asshole
in this interview. The subject turned to masturbation, and Mailer
declared that masturbation was misunderstood to be healthy when it is in
fact traumatic and damaging to men, because it is an essentially
isolating act. He then counseled men to do anything necessary, even if
they had to commit rape, in order to avoid having to masturbate."

>From http://www.litkicks.com/BeatPages/msg.jsp?what=MailerLeak

Regards,

Dan