[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Thu Feb 1 18:29:31 UTC 2007

"Benjamin Goertzel" <ben at goertzel.org>

> I am suggesting you to read a particular book, EXCESS HEAT, which
> surveys a lot of the scientific journal literature on CF, and also
> explains the political and social dynamics which led to Nature and
> Science not wishing to publish papers on CF.

So let's review, some bozo I've never heard of called Charles G Beaudette
wrote a book called "Excess Heat", which I've also never heard of. You say
the book makes the claim that the editors of Nature and Science and ALL the
top physics journals have been full of shit for the last 17 years; and then
you recommend that I read this book. Benjamin, you really don't make a very
compelling case that I should run out right now and buy that book. It seems
a tad more likely to me that Mr. Beaudette is full of shit rather than all
the most respected scientific journals on the planet are.

  John K Clark