[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Fri Feb 2 05:08:52 UTC 2007

Ben Goertzel" <ben at goertzel.org>

> Beaudette's book gives an excellent guide

Excellent? How did you determine the book was excellent ? What reason do you
have for thinking  even any of the facts it touts actually happened as
advertised?
I have no reason to think any of the experiments he describes were even were
performed, much less done competently and honestly. The only thing I know
about this Beaudette person is that he knows how to type.

 > to the scientific literature on the topic.

There is no literature on this topic, there is only pulp fiction.

> You are ignorant on this topic.  I am less so.

Having encyclopedic knowledge of Bullshit is no virtue. And I have my faults
but I'll tell you one thing, I'm not astronomically gullible.

 > I  have more interesting things to do with my time

No you do not; not if you have the time to read junk science.

John K Clark