[extropy-chat] random links

scerir scerir at libero.it
Sat Feb 3 08:07:58 UTC 2007

> >http://www.maths.bris.ac.uk/research/highlights/random-m/
>
> That's really amazing. Of course mathematics starts by abstracting
> from observed physics, so maybe it's not *so* surprising...
>
> Damien Broderick

In quantum chaology, I suppose, the usual quantal
principles of stability (via quantization;
via bounded operators; via fractal behaviours
of wavefunctions in space and in time; via
revivals; etc.) and evolution (via essential randomness;
via finiteness of available information; via
contextuality; via nonlocality; etc.) must hold.
I would not be surprised if, sometimes,
principles of stability and evolution
are at work in the kingdom of mathematics.
Maybe the question is not only about the 'unreasonable'
effectiveness of mathematics in natural sciences
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~matc/MathDrama/reading/Wigner.html
but also the 'unreasonable' effectiveness of
natural sciences in mathematics [1].
s.

[1]
"Nature is earlier than man,