[extropy-chat] Keith [Henson] Taken into Custody

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sun Feb 4 08:03:37 UTC 2007

I looked at the alt.religion.scientology newsgroup for the first time in
my life. Not recommended. But Keith is mentioned by his supporters in
there, among that other stuff. To raise media awareness, these are the
valuable pieces of information that I saw posted in the newsgroup from
two persons (John Dorsay and Eldon).

The jail has a media contact person (who would've thought?), named Susan
Quayle who will be at these numbers Monday morning, Arizona time.

Therefore if you're a media person, use this.
928-777-1924
928-771-3286

Main points about his legal status:

1.  Keith was convicted of a misdemeanor offense in California.  Can
a person be extradited from Arizona for a misdemeanor conviction?

2.  Keith was convicted of "interfering with a religion", an offense
which is (as far as I know), unique to California.  Can a person be
extradited from Arizona when he has not done anything that would be
considered illegal in Arizona?

3.  The judge prohibited Keith from presenting a proper and complete
defense.  Will this fact be considered when a decision is made about
extradition?

(Jay, can you post this to your blog, under title: "Points for the Media" ?)

Amara