[extropy-chat] ExtroBritannia's February event: the "Holborn Agenda"

estropico estropico at gmail.com
Sat Feb 10 17:18:51 UTC 2007

The next ExtroBritannia get-together is scheduled for Saturday the
17th of Feb, 12,30pm at the Penderel's Oak, in Holborn, London.
Everyone welcome.

This month, we're discussing the mainstreaming of the life-extension
meme, how to encourage it and what we can do to accelerate the pace of
 research in the area (such as Aubrey de Grey's SENS
http://www.sens.org/). In other words, how do we "sell" indefinite
lifespans to "the masses"? How do we lobby governmental bodies for
more investment?

After lunch we'll break up into small groups, in order to brainstorm
on the subject. After this, we'll mix-up the groups for further
brainstorming and then get back together to see what we've come up
with. The goal of the exercise is to sketch the outlines of a workable
plan of action: the Holborn Agenda.

We will be at the Penderel's Oak from 12.30pm and will stay until late
afternoon. Feel free to show up at any time. If it's your first time
at an ExtroBritannia event, look out for a copy of Kurzweil's "The Age
of Spiritual Machines" at our table. Here's a picture of the book's
cover: http://tinyurl.com/9khnx

The Penderel's Oak
283-288 High Holborn
London WC1V 7HJ