[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings (2)

Benjamin Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Sat Feb 10 18:04:59 UTC 2007

> On Fri, Feb 09, 2007 at 05:27:35PM -0500, Ben Goertzel wrote:
>
> > The question is not whether there has been BS posted online about
> > CF.  Of course there has been.
> >
> > The question is whether there has been non-BS published about CF.
> > And it seems to me very likely that there has been, also.
>
> Don't arm-wave. Give me a couple of papers which are not BS.

This guy is a serious scientist, here is an interesting interview with him:

http://www.newenergytimes.com/Conversations/McKubre.htm

The various conclusions of the 2004 DOE CF panelists are also interesting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_DoE_panel_on_cold_fusion#Main_conclusions_of_the_review_by_the_panelists

As for papers, here are some papers cited by the 2002 and 2004 DOE reports:

Y. Arata and Y-C Zhang, "Anomalous difference between reaction
energies generated within D20-cell and H20 Cell", Jpn. J. Appl. Phys
37, L1274 (1998)

Iwamura, Y., M. Sakano, and T. Itoh, "Elemental Analysis of Pd
Complexes: Effects of D2 Gas Permeation". Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. A, 2002.
41: p. 4642.

Mizuno, T., et al., "Production of Heat During Plasma Electrolysis in
Liquid," Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 39 p. 6055, (2000)

M.H. Miles et al., "Correlation of excess power and helium production
during D2O and H20 electrolysis using Palladium cathodes", J.
Electroanal. Chem. 346 (1993) 99

B.F. Bush et al, "Helium production during the electrolysis of D20 in
cold fusion", J. Electroanal. Chem. 346 (1993) 99

Hagelstein P. et al., "New physical effects in metal deuterides",
Appendix C. submitted to the 2004 DoE panel on cold fusion

-- Ben