[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings (2)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Feb 10 18:20:45 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 06:08:26PM +0100, scerir wrote:

> # I'm biased, maybe, because I knew
> Giuliano Preparata [1][2], but the
> paper below seems good. (It is the
> only paper I've read, on CF).

Superficially, it's not a bad paper at all.
One thing which immediately springs to mind:
I don't see a control experiment with light
water mentioned anywhere.

Also, loading of Pd by hydrogen (or deuterium)
produces cracks. I don't see thinning of the electrode
and fusing the result by current ruled out anywhere in
the paper.

Isolated, this is not at all damning. However, the cumulated
effect of other papers with sloppy design and irreproducibility
needs to be accounted.