[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings (2)

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Feb 10 18:49:54 UTC 2007

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 01:31:45PM -0500, Benjamin Goertzel wrote:

> There are other papers presenting such comparisons however, e.g.

The point is that the experimenters didn't seem to have ran
such a control in their own setup. If true, this is a cardinal
mistake. Completely inexcusable. You simply Don't Do It.

Controls in other setups don't count as far as this particular paper
is concerned, because whatever dirt effects operate here don't operate
in other setups.

> Y. Arata and Y-C Zhang, "Anomalous difference between reaction
> energies generated within D20-cell and H20 Cell", Jpn. J. Appl. Phys
> 37, L1274 (1998)

Have you read it? I don't have access to most journals but for
private subscriptions, so if anyone can send me that paper I'd be
very thankful. I wish I had also more time to write down what my particular
beef with LENR-CANR as a whole is. (Mostly, is that this whole
body of claims taken together is mutually inconsistent. It stinks).