[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings (2)

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sat Feb 10 18:37:26 UTC 2007

"Damien Broderick" <thespike at satx.rr.com> Wrote:

>From time to time heavy-duty psychology journals
> publish papers, pro and con [about Psi] , such as those
> by Cornell University psychology professor Daryl Bem
> in Psychological Bulletin  and Behavioral and Brain
> Sciences. Journals at that level do not, I observe, publish
> research papers into Tooth Fairy Electrodynamics.

Behavioral and Brain Sciences?  Psychological Bulletin? I confess I've never
heard of them, but maybe that was just my ignorance, so I looked up the top
10 most cited (respected) journals in the field of Neuroscience & Behavior
and this is what I got:

1     Nature
2     Science
3     Neuron
4     Nature Neuroscience
5     PNAS
6     Journal of Neuroscience
7     Annals of Neurology
8     Brain
9     Biological Psychiatry
10   Cerebral Cortex

Dear me your journals don't seem to be there, they can't be all that heavy
duty.

But maybe they are on the list of overall most cited journals.

1     Journal of Biological Chemistry
2     Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA
3     Nature
4     Science
5     Physical Review Letters
6     Cell
7     J. American Chemical Society
8     Physical Review
9     Journal of Immunology
10   New England Journal of Medicine

Not there either. Top 10 Physics journals maybe?

1     Science
2     Nature
3     Physical Review Letters
4     Nuclear Physics
5     PNAS
6     Physics Letters
7     Physical Review D
8     Europ. Physical J. C
9     Applied Physics Letters
10   Nuclear Fusion

Nope. How about Chemistry?

1     Nature
2     Science
3     PNAS
4     Angew. Chem. Int. Ed.
5     J. Amer. Chem. Soc.
6     Analytical Chemistry
7     J. Medicinal Chemistry
8     Electrophoresis
9     Chemistry-European J.
10   J. Combinatorial Chem.

I still don't see Behavioral and Brain Sciences or Psychological Bulletin,
but let me know when any of the above journals publishes something about ESP
or cold fusion.

  John K Clark