[extropy-chat] Energy & Global Warming [was: Partisans and EP]

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 15:29:30 UTC 2007

What about national lighting neutral taxes?  I.e. tax incandescent light
bulbs and use the revenues to subsidize fluorescents or white LEDs?

If structured right, it ought to be able to create a completely level
playing field with respect to light costs.  (We don't care what kind of
light bulb you buy -- but the cost per lumen is going to be the same.

One could of course bias the tax to encourage the shift to the most
efficient (in terms of CO2 emissions/lumen).

Robert