[extropy-chat] Elvis Sightings

Ben Goertzel ben at goertzel.org
Mon Feb 12 16:47:18 UTC 2007

>  I am PROUD to say I have managed to
> find more interesting things to do with my time than  actually reading this
> stuff, and long "uncomfortable" silences don't bother me at all when I know
> that I am right and they are wrong. Life is short and you can't read
> everything.
>
>   John K Clark

Time allocation decisions are necessary, and I don't fault you for yours.

However, you might do well to allocate some time to study the cognitive
psychology literature, so as to more fully understand the innate human
inclination toward overconfidence, which is a trait you are
demonstrating quite strongly in this and other posts.

If you haven't even looked at the data, you certainly can't "know that
[you] are right and they are wrong."

-- Ben